Privacy & Cookies
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
- Taylor Fawcett Limited (“Taylor Fawcett”) provides expert legal advice to businesses, families and individuals, from our office at 14 Albert Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 1JT.
- This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process as a data controller, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Our ICO registration number is 23090857.
What personal data do we process?
- The personal data we process include
- Names, contact details and dates of birth;
- Identity documents;
- Financial information;
- Health information;
- Family information;
- Information about race, ethnic origin and sex;
- Curricula vitae, references and appraisals;
Why do Taylor Fawcett process personal data and what is the legal basis for doing so?
- We process the personal data of client individuals who instruct us to provide legal advice or represent them in connection with a legal dispute. Our contract with the individual provides the legal basis for us processing this information.
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 require us to check the identity of individuals before they instruct us. We retain copies of documents used to carry out these checks in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations.
- We may also process the personal information of other individuals who are not our clients, since it is in our legitimate interests as a firm of solicitors to do so. In other words, we need this information in order to carry out our legal work.
- The processing of any special category personal information, such as health records or information concerning, race, ethnic origin, or sex, are processed lawfully since they fall within the legal claims exemption.
- We hold the personal data of employees pursuant to their contract of employment. Any health information is lawfully processed in order to assess working capacity.
- Occasionally we may hold personal data pursuant to the individual’s consent, such as data held on our client relationship management system. Where consent has been given, it may be withdrawn at any time by using our dedicated opt out form here or contacting Mandy Hill who is the firm’s Data Manager. Her email address is set out below.
Whom do we share personal data with?
- We share personal data internally strictly on a need to know basis.
- Special category data, personnel files held electronically and hard copy personal data are stored securely with restricted access.
- We do not share personal data with anyone external to the firm other than with IT and other support providers, pursuant to GDPR compliant contracts. Our contractors are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long does Taylor Fawcett keep personal data for?
- We keep personal data in accordance with our internal retention procedures, which are determined in accordance with our regulatory obligations and good practice. These retention periods depend on the nature of the information and are subject to change.
If you have any questions in this regard, or any concerns about how long we keep your information for, please contact us using the details below.
- We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what we do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal information we process about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data we process, and to add to the information we hold about you if it is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
- Personal data that are covered by legal professional privilege, and personal data that we process so as to provide legal advice or representation may fall outside these rights. In other words, we may not be able to accede to data subject requests concerning these categories of data, and/or we may no longer be able to continue acting on your behalf.
Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you have questions, requests or concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, please contact Mandy Hill at the above address or email@example.com
- Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
When you use this website we will collect basic information about the way you use the site during your visit. This information is used only for site navigation, systems administration and analytical purposes.
You can set your browser to reject cookies but if you do so you will be unable to enjoy full site functionality.
The table below explains what cookies we use and why.
This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Sites. Click here for Google Privacy
|CMSSESSID||www.taylorfawcett.co.uk||This cookie is set by our content management system on arrival to the Taylor Fawcettwebsite. It is not used by Taylor Fawcett and isdeleted when the user closes their browser.This cookie is not removed when you turn cookies off via our cookie tool as doing so may cause the website to function incorrectly.|